Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Reynolds Quad E-Writing Model



I use a special method to teach potential authors the art of writing.

It is called the Reynolds Quad-E-writing model: EXTRACT, ENVISION, EXPAND, EDIT.

Getting to the point and defining the story is essential. I spend a lot of time making sure that we have EXTRACTED all information necessary to help the authors summarize in intricate detail what the book is about.

I help them ENVISION how the book should begin and end. I then keep them EXPANDING, EXPANDING on the summary into a working outline. Then I break the outline into chapters, help them write talking points that fit into each chapter. Sometimes the outline is so detailed it is very simple to move into the actual writing. I encourage authors to carve out time to write each chapter into a quick rough draft. From there it will be determined what further EDITING help is needed to bring the project to a conclusion.
When clients contact me, I interview the potential authors to determine if the services I provide fit their needs. A consultation fee is charged for the interview and reading of any material. It will be returned if I cannot help them. If we decide the services will be beneficial, I will forward an agreement that spells out the services I will provide. The statement will also include an accountability statement spelling out what I expect from the author.

I coach potential writers from inception and development of their project to the finished book. Christian-oriented self-help books and biographies are my specialties. I do not coach poetry and fiction projects. I use the Reynolds Quad-E-writing model to accomplish this. I will provide weekly face-to-face individual or group sessions for those in the Maryland, Virginia, DC area, mixed with e-mail and telephone communications. For those outside the area, coaching will be conducted by phone and e-mail.
Authors I coach face to face or in groups will vary from one to four hours per week. I plan to use a conference office space to provide the group counseling. Authors I coach on the telephone or by email will take place on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays by appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis